- Author :
- Isaac Asimov
- Genres :
- Science Fiction
- Series :
- Robot #0.5
- Published :
- Views :
Robot Visions (Robot 0.5)
From Isaac Asimov, the writer whose name is synonymous with robots and the science of robotics, here are five decades of robot visions--thirty-four landmark stories and essays, including three rare tales--gathered together in one volume.
Meet all of Asimov's most famous creations: Robbie, the very first robot that his imagination brought to life; Susan Calvin, the original robot psychologist; Stephen Byerley, the humanoid robot; and the famous human-robot detective team of Lije Baley and R. Daneel Olivaw, who have appeared in such bestselling novesl as The Robots of Dawn and Robots and Empire.
Let the master himself guide you through the key moments in the fictional history of robot-human relations--from the most primitive computers and movile machines to the first robot to become a man. (Description from back cover)
List Chapter or Page:
- 1. Stories Introduction: The Robot Chronicles
- 2. Stories Robot Visions
- 3. Stories Too Bad!
- 4. Stories Robbie
- 5. Stories Reason
- 6. Stories Liar!
- 7. Stories Runaround
- 8. Stories Evidence
- 9. Stories Little Lost Robot
- 10. Stories The Evitable Conflict
- 11. Stories Feminine Intuition
- 12. Stories The Bicentennial Man
- 13. Stories Someday
- 14. Stories Think!
- 15. Stories Segregationist
- 16. Stories Mirror Image
- 17. Stories Lenny
- 18. Stories Galley Slave
- 19. Essays Robots I Have Known
- 20. Essays The New Teachers
- 21. Essays Whatever You Wish
- 22. Essays The Friends We Make
- 23. Essays Our Intelligent Tools
- 24. Essays The Laws Of Robotics
- 25. Essays Future Fantastic
- 26. Essays The Machine And The Robot
- 27. Essays The New Profession
- 28. Essays The Robot As Enemy?
- 29. Essays Intelligences Together
- 30. Essays My Robots
- 31. Essays The Laws Of Humanics
- 32. Essays Cybernetic Organism
- 33. Essays The Sense Of Humor
- 34. Essays Robots In Combination